Saturday, October 31, 2009

Who Is This Old Woman in the Mirror?

Good evening, humble readers!

Alright, so I know that being 35 isn't truly old. I KNOW that. But, wow, have I ever been getting reminders that I'm not a spring chicken any more.

I have been colouring my hair for a lot of years. This hobbit's red hair is no where near my natural colour. I've always preferred to have red hair, but now it's more of a necessity... those pesky 'white' hairs have a way of shining through.

As I was doing my hair the other day, I made a mental note that it's getting close to time for me to get my roots done, and I could see a few 'white' strands mixed in with my natural colour. Alright, I can handle that. At least I didn't take after my bio-dad... by the time he was in his mid thirties, he definitely was more salt than pepper.

But in what world is it acceptable to have a wiry white hair that is almost an inch long growing out of my chin???? When did that happen? Why wasn't I consulted? And how in the h-e-double-hockey-sticks did I miss it when it was only a half inch?

And don't even get me started on the 'white' eyebrow hair I just tweezed tonight...

Good gravy... this isn't allowed to happen! Someone pass the Cen.trum Silver!!
(Cycle update: It's CD25 of a 27 day cycle. 11dpo. Temp spiked a bit yesterday, but then dropped again today. Still having a few phantom symptoms, but not as many now. I'm just not really feeling it this month, I don't think this was the one for us. I know it's not over until the witch shows up tho.)

4 comments :

  1. So true! LOL! And I discovered wrinkles and that I had wings under my arms. WTH! It was like I was had been wearing dirty glasses that suddenly became clean at 35. Not nice.
    You never know, I always hold out hope until she shows.

    (My red hair is thinning from a form of alopecia so I shaved it. I miss it sometimes.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get chin hairs and I'm only 26. :-) I notice them when they're short (although it seems to me that they grow incredibly fast), but I ignore them until they're really long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sista, I'm so there with you!!! I've had this one (of many, trust me) pesky silver hair that grows right in the side of my bangs. I yank that sucker out and it seems like it grows back overnight. And the chin hairs, why oh why didn't they tell us about these when we were young? What, were they saving all the "GOOD" surprises for 35??? I'm sad to think that I'm now closer to 36 than 35...waaaaaaahhhhhh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I've got the white hairs too! And I'm 30! Lots on my chin, it seems like I pull one out and 2 grow back in. And my eyebrows are almost completely grey, I have to use an eyebrow pencil. And my hair...thank goodness for good ole' drugstore hairdye...it's my best friend!!

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.