Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

Most of you by now have figured out that my faith is an important part of my life. I just wanted to take a moment and mention how thankful I am for Christ's sacrifice.

I know that it's generally not considered politically correct to talk about the crucifixion, about the pain and the shame of it all. But it is impossible for me to truly revel in the joy of Easter Sunday, unless we experience the darkness and void of Good Friday. Today our pastor talked about the events of that day, more than two thousand years ago, when our world changed... and when Jesus said "It is finished", it wasn't a concession speech admitting defeat... it was a cry of victory.

It's only when you are immersed in darkness that you truly learn to appreciate the light.

Blessed Easter weekend to you all!

1 comment :

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.