Friday, September 4, 2015

Hobbit-ish Potpurri: Breathing Clear

Hey Humble Readers...

Wow, that's three weeks of my life I'll never get back. 

Seriously, between the Crud, the ear infection, and the side effects of transitioning my blood pressure meds, I'm just now starting to feel like myself again.  The ear infection was a doozy, with symptoms lasting until the day after I finished my 10-day run of antibiotics.  Dizziness/vertigo was a big problem.  Dr. B even put me on an inhaler because I could not shake the cough (the smoke that was in the air from the wildfires in BC and Washington was also a contributing factor, I'm sure), and actually still have it a bit.  Buuuuttt... I am better and trying to get back into the swing of thing.

*****
The weather man must have known that the kids wouldn't want to go back to school if the weather was nice, so he ordered up some distinctly fall weather.  Today is only 6C (45F) at 3pm.  Yikes!  And because of my prolonged ill-health and the crappy weather, my poor container garden has taken a beating.  I'll be able to salvage some carrots, cherry tomatoes and maybe the rosemary, but I lost the basil (no pesto this year... *sniff*), the oregano, and the mint.  The thyme is still on the edge, we'll see what happens.  My sweet peas (flowers) and sunflowers never actually blossomed this year.  Ah, well...

*****
Today is Ginny's first full day of school.  She even rode the bus.  Wednesday was just a couple of hours to get the kindergarteners acclimated to their room and to deal with their school supplies.  I will post pics and the account of her first day on the weekend. 

*****
My Beloved has a job interview next week Friday.  It's been about a month and a half since his last one.  This one is in the Shire (which makes me super happy), and that's about all we know.  They listed their salary as 'competitive' so I guess we'll find out what that means if it gets that far.  I'm trying really hard not to get too attached to the idea of this one working out.  I can't live with the crash when it doesn't pan out. 

*****
I want to tell you all how proud I am of my Beloved.  Not only has he worked his butt off the last three weeks, taking care of pretty much everything around the hobbit-hole, worked his usual overtime at the office, and taken care of me and the kids... he has also been studying his backside off for his most recent exam.  Of the entire CGA program, this course has been touted as the hardest.  Even the guy who does the online lectures failed the first time he took it.  For the last three months our mantra has been "64 is the enemy"... 65% has been the target.  My superstar Beloved went into the final exam sitting at 72%. 

*****
Well, Pip and I are off to meet Ginny at the bus stop.  Hope all is well in your world. 

1 comment :

  1. Glad you're finally on the mend!!! Yeeeesh. We are lucky we had nowhere near the smoke here, thank goodness! Good luck to your beloved!!! How did Ginny like school???

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.